Barnstorm VFX is seeking a Blender Rigging/Animation Artist to join our Burbank team (remotely)
The ideal candidate is experienced in Blender rigging and animation techniques. The Blender Rigging/Animation Artist we are looking for should have a strong understanding of flexible rigging solutions, animation theories and methodologies, and motion capture data application.
Responsibilities of Blender Rigging/Animation Artist:
- Rigging of model assets ranging from mechanical props to organic digital doubles.
- Client-facing previz animation of cameras and placeholder assets for pre-production creative feedback.
- Final animation of model assets ranging from mechanical props to organic digital doubles.
- Modification and application of motion capture data to model assets.
- Caching and export of animated cameras and meshes for scene integration in other softwares (Maya/Houdini).
Requirements for Blender Rigging/Animation Artist:
- Good notion of cinematic composition rules.
- A strong eye for the detail and replicating real-world actions.
- Ability to work collaboratively, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A solid understanding of a variety of rigging techniques to suit unique project requirements.
- Ability to build animation workflows in a flexible manner that allows for fast iteration.
- Familiarity with openGL playblasting and Eevee realtime rendering for previz outputs.
- Knowledge of caching and export formats from Blender to Maya and Houdini.
- At least 2+ years of rigging and animation experience in Blender.
Please apply through Indeed with a link to your reel/portfolio included.