Seeking .obj with textures already baked for Virtual Reality project

Hi!

TL;DR at the bottom :wink:

I’m working on a website that ties up with a VR web browser called Janus VR. Janus VR allows you to ‘walk,Jump and Fly’ around 3D areas (most of these areas are hosted on a website that I run). Currently there’s about 200 users with their own 3D spaces. Recently it has been modified to allow multiple users to be in the same space (currently with text chat but voice chat coming soon). The application is ideally viewed with an Oculus Rift, but it is not a requirement! I think actually most people using Janus don’t have an Oculus (which is an in development virtual reality headset).

Many asset types are usable but I’ve come here as I’m looking for people that can provide me .obj (with the .mtl file) + textures that are already baked (I’m hoping that some of you just have these possibly laying around from previous projects?). Shadows, lighting effects and realistic rooms are really what I’m looking for, but anything goes!

I can basically upload the 3D assets to be hosted, and then other people can see you work and walk/fly jump around it, and if there’s anyone else there at the same time they can even talk about it!.

You will of course get credits for the work and if want a link to a website or twitter that’s no problem.

As this works just like a website the obj’s need to be low poly and the textures highly compressed, you will obviously lose a fair amount of detail but as these 3D spaces are loading dynamically through a website the whole lot needs to be less than, I’d say 5MB is a fair rule (the images below are 2-3MB each room including obj+textures) - I have the entire levels of Quake 1 with textures, that comes to about 1.5MB :smiley:

It’s very difficult to summarize the project, so here’s a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nl2p7dit08) - and some images (these are not baked but are using shaders, but the shaders can’t cast shadows).

I wish I could pay someone but having just bought development oculus rift, plus 3D camera… I’m rather poor:(

So, after that waffle… please either contact me at hello at vrsites.com - or leave a reply here with a link or zip or whatever, and any questions I’ll answer.

Many thanks!

Lee

TL;DR

Many asset types are usable but I’ve come here as I’m looking for people that can provide me .obj (with the .mtl file) + textures that are already baked (I’m hoping that some of you just have these possibly laying around from previous projects?). Shadows, lighting effects and realistic rooms are really what I’m looking for, but anything goes!