Segmentation fault when compositing

I’m experimenting with parallel computing, and so I have installed Blender 2.83 on a couple of Raspberry Pi 4s, strictly in headless mode, for command line and python rendering. It seems to work surprisingly well, for the most part (despite complaining about lack of a graphics card or openGL), but I have run into a problem with a segmentation fault when I am using the compositor. Other things work fine to render various things, and this render proceeds fine until the final alpha over, and then generates a crash report. The full render completes without issues on normal computers. Does anyone have any ideas? Is this related to the openGL error?

The crash report is as follows:

# Blender 2.83.5, Unknown revision

# backtrace
blender(BLI_system_backtrace+0x40) [0xaaaadf9b8c00]
blender(+0xef9c40) [0xaaaade1b0c40]
linux-vdso.so.1(__kernel_rt_sigreturn+0) [0xffffa1f6c5d8]
/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libswscale.so.5(+0xa1a0) [0xffff9e7071a0]

I have somewhat of a solution, or at least a workaround. The problem only happens when I use a video clip, and doesn’t happen if I use an image or an image sequence. Note that using a video clip as an image sequence still does not work, the input clip has to actually be a series of separate images, and not video. The workaround will probably work for me in the long term, but I guess the real solution would be to look into differences between how ARM64 architecture handles video, relative to Blender, if anyone has any ideas, please comment.

Hi.
I have understood that arm64 support is still in development:
https://developer.blender.org/T78710

I don’t think those changes are being added in 2.83 LTS. Have you tried building from master?
Anyway apparently there is still no ffmpeg support according to that task.

EDIT:
Ok, apparently that’s for Mac. You should ask on the developer forum if Raspberry Pi is supported: