Segmentation faults.

I keep getting segmentation faults with my Blender. I havn’t had this problem but only recently. Whenever I save a bunch of times using Ctrl+W, it crashes. When I set a texture as overlay it crahes when I render. I compiled my own version, using GCC 4.1.0.

I use a Fedora Core 5 with a Asus motherboard, 32MB Nvidia Geforce 2 GTS/Pro graphics card, 24-bit sound blaster Live!, 512MB RAM.

I’ve had some segmentation faults with Pixie (an external Renderman renderer) while I tried to render, but I understood why (too high of a displacement value). When i turned down the vaule, it was a problem nomore.

Here’s what I get in the console:

Calloc returns nill: len=2053778024 in layerCopy_mdeformvert dw, total 10887064

Using what version of the source code?

Latest CVS? (I hope)

Compile it with debugging on, then you can use a debugger like insight to see the exact source code line that it crashes at.

Mike

I used the the CVS a few days ago.

Is this with any scene? … or a particular scene?
If it’s one particular file, try it with 2.42a … unless you’re using features that are only in CVS.

I would compile it with the latest CVS with debugging turned on.

If it’s still crashing, download a current CVS build and see if it’s any different.

Mike

Okay, thanks. I will.

Calloc returns nill: len=2053778024 in layerCopy_mdeformvert dw, total 10887064

You are out of memory, dude. Calloc is the memory allocator. Len= is how many bytes it asked for.

Time for more swap space? Or less data.