Select faces in a row

Hallo everybody

Let’s say you have a cube with a few hundert faces.
I would like to select all faces in a row on just one side of the cube (not a loop).
-> Select first and last face and then let Blender select all the faces between.

Is this possible in version 2.56a?

You can set your viewport to select only front facing faces. Then just use the B-Key to box select the ones in a row.

If you have many faces and the distance between the two end faces is big then it is very difficult to aim because they get so small.

Attachments

I’m not aware of any such method in blender, i suggest zooming in slightly and maybe select half of it, pan and then the rest. Did i explain myself clearly ? :slight_smile:
Such feature would be nice, but how would it respond when the two faces do not line up?

Another method would be to select the faces

And then use box select to de-select the unwanted faces :slight_smile:

Did i explain myself clearly ?
Yes, thank you.

Such feature would be nice, but how would it respond when the two faces do not line up?
Maybe the same way like Select Vertex Path? Just take the shortest path.

If you just want to pick out a row, just look at it from edge on, in Wire frame Mode. Have Face Select mode on. Zoom it up to that edge and box select them all.

Yes i forgot about select vertex path, but you would still get some strange selections, if the faces do not line up :slight_smile:

I say wait for B-mesh :smiley: Well get much better tools then.

I say wait for B-mesh :smiley: Well get much better tools then.
Sounds cool!

How did you make that face path in your screenshot? Creating a Vertex Path and switch to face select afterwards? That doesn’t seem to work.

No i just select the faces by hand, to illustrate my point :wink: