selection outline boxes

Hello, I am using blender 2.43 on windows vista. When i drag the cursor during box mode select, my computer does not show the dashed outline box enclosing the area I have selected. When I do let go of the mouse the vertices that I have selected do become highlighted. I would like to see the dashed box but do not know how to reveal it.
thanks
bill

It’s probably a vista problem, that box isn’t something you can turn on/off to my knowledge.

Mystery

hey! im still a beginner in using blender. At the mom im’m trying to do the penguin tutorial but I ran into a small problem. I’m using 2 types of Blender. On eon Linux system and one on my Windows XP. But on the Windows XP one i cant find some buttons such as the “limit selection to visible” one. who can help me???:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

video card problems, probably a crappy driver.

buttons such as the “limit selection to visible”

You’ll only see it in Edit mode, in Solid Draw mode (Z).

%<

I’m running into the same issue with Vista. Also, when I start up Blender it pops right up but I don’t see the splash screen art. if I open up a menu (like when you add a new object to the scene) a piece of the splash screen art will appear behind it.
I’m running an HP media center (dual core) machine. It has the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator. I’m going to post the report from the computer itself to see if that leads to an answer…sorry…really new at this stuff!

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Report

Report Date: 05/06/2007
Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 11:31:43
Driver Version: 7.14.10.1114
Operating System: * , (6.0.6000)
Default Language: English
DirectX* Version: 10.0
Physical Memory: 2037 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory: 8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory: 224 MB
Graphics Memory in Use: 92 MB
Processor: x86
Processor Speed: 2800 MHZ
Vendor ID: 8086
Device ID: 2772
Device Revision: 02

• Accelerator Information *
    Accelerator in Use: Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family
    Video BIOS: 1217
    Current Graphics Mode: 1280 by 1024 True Color (60 Hz)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

the intel gma has reported to have opengl issues. see the support columns at www.intel.com. there might be a driver fix.