Semi-Toony street

I meant a contrast adjustment, not gamma correction, but yep, you can do it with the levels from photoshop. IMHO your image is too much in the gray area, it might gain depth with some adjustments.

And I must tell you I liked the fire hydrant on your scene! You may take off the wagon wheel so your scene don’t look so medieval and your hydrant don’t look so out of place. :slight_smile:

very nicely done

That is so awesome! It has such a cartoon loom to it. You’ve nailed it.

I say keep the fire hydrant. There are plenty of places where the old and new exist together.

Hello, and thanks again everybody for comments and advice. I have updated the image. Have added some spot lights with halo and area lights on balkony. I have also lessened the ambient color , which was possibly the thing causing the gray feel, and have tweaked the RGB levels a bit. So what do we think? better?

wow…its just jumped up quite a few notches,sweeet :slight_smile:

Looks really amazing. I love this picture. I hope that one day I’ll be able to make something as good as this. Can you give me some specific advice to get myself to begin to produce this type of cartoony work?

Nirmaldavid: Yup, it’s improved allot, thanks again for the tips. My pieces always imporve allot thanks to advice from people on this forum, thank you everybody, should have posted this in the WIP forum initially…
Paul Mcgrade: Thanks for the compliment. Some tips. Right angles are always to be avoided, not just in toony scenes but in all scenes. All edges are a bit rounded. For toon scenes you can use fractal subdivide to distort things and then tweak by hand. Also use proportional fall of to bend things in a cartoony style way. The textures you just have to play around with, it took me a while to find the right balance between detail and simplicity for this scene, but Color gradients mapped along the normal work well, to simulate a soft reflection of the color you want.
Hope it helps, happy blending!