Separate location for themes

(ikeahloe) #1

Does anyone else think it would be cool to have a separate theme section.

For example, this theme: [Theme] Godot 3.0 Default Theme was probably seen by very few because most people go to the code/addon section for scripts and functional addons and it dropped quickly from visibility. I think theme threads could have a lot more conversation/feedback if they were given their own place.

I think it’s possible for a theme to get lucky like this [Theme] Another dark theme, Material and some people actually see it before it drops past visibility and I enjoy seeing the conversations that happen.

Also, if someone was actually wanting to check out a bunch of themes, it’s not as easy to dig through all the addon threads to see the theme threads sprinkled in.

I personally would like to see its own section, but even moving removing the suggestion from the code/addon section and moving it to general talk might allow some more feedback and visibility to themes.

I may be alone here, but I thought I’d voice my thoughts in case I wasn’t.

(AFWS) #2

I kinda agree with you ,but I doubt there’s enough users making themes to make it worth adding a separate location for them.

(Bart Veldhuizen) #3

Instead of adding new categories, I think we should start by using the #theme tag. If it gets enough traffic then we can always consider adding a new catgory.

(Jason van Gumster) #4

I think tagging is the way to go as well. The goal down the road will be to reduce categories rather than increase them.