Separating Internal Edges From Mesh

Hi guys,

In the image, I was wondering if there was an easy way to go from the mesh on the left to the mesh on the right. To achieve this at the moment, I’ve selected the the 16 central quads, separate by selection, rejoin to the original mesh, merge the vertices along one edge and scale. I figure there has to be an easier way or tool that I’m missing to get the same result.

Attachments

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there was an easy way to go from the mesh on the left to the mesh on the right.

At the moment, I’m doing this by selecting the internal faces, using P to separate them, rejoining the two meshes, merging the vertices along one edge and then scaling the rest of the internal feature. This all seems very convoluted for an operation that I’m sure already has a tool hidden somewhere.

Yes you can , Select the Edges (in edge Mode) which you want to rip apart and Press “V” on you keyboard. It will sperate the edges as you desire.

Please delete your other post with same problem. thanx

there is a ‘rip’ tool. I think the hotkey is v.

Thanks dukejib for replying and thanks to Modron for answering in the other post.

Apologies for the double post by the way. I think my companies internet connection had a hiccup. How do I delete the other thread though? I’d have thought that only mods could delete threads?

Ask a Mod to delete it. It happens to all of us with some times misbehaving connection :slight_smile:

Awesome! I’ll go hunt down a mod then :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the help dukejib!