seperation between school and state, Please sighn !!!

http://www.sepschool.org/

Hmmm, sounds as if they want to seperate school and state so they can join school and religion. I’ll pass.

If its privitly own, they can join whatever the hell they want. But lets not leave out homeschooling and getting rid of the truency act.

I’ve been thinking for years that somethings needed to be done with the education system. But hence the word ‘something’. I’m not really sure what this entails (why I’ve decided not to sign at the moment) but I’m willing to look further into it. Having gone all through middle and high school being bipolar, I really understand that all students are not the same. In all walks such as fashion, athletic abilities, and even metal functioning and thought processes. I can say the government has not done too good at this. They just basically put half the kids on a.d.d. pills then flunked them. But I agree, things are not right.

You know there are a lot of benefits to having public schools.

I learned tolerance in public school.

I got an education for free in public school.

Kids in public school are from all different backgrounds just like the outside world. That helped prepare me for life.

I had important common experiences there that I now share with the majority of people I meet.

I learned, with out any political gaps, the basic precepts of modern science with out which my country would no longer be a contender on the world scene.

I also got out of it what I put into it, as did my family and my community.

I learn fear

I learn the meaning of depression

I learn being an outcast

I learn of being made fun of

I learn being bullied

I learn school shootings

I learn being an Learning Disable

I learn censorship

I learn thought control

I learn of parents being put in prision because of DARE

I learn Democracy and the constitutional republic

I learn that law is slavery

I learn might makes right

I learn the ignorance of American history of the slaughter of Indians

I learn how to be a captialist pig

I learn how to be dependent on others

I learn only one form of wealth and society

I learn that students can’t change the educational systom

How is this any better then the out come ?

I learned that one shall voice his opinions more clearly than semi-ryhming lines. %|

Martin

HEHE :smiley:

You should watch “manufaction consent”

Actialy, I don’t want to pay for someones children.

I learn fear

I learn the meaning of depression

I learn being an outcast

I learn of being made fun of

I learn being bullied

I learn school shootings

I learn being an Learning Disable

I learn censorship

I learn thought control

I learn of parents being put in prision because of DARE

I learn Democracy and the constitutional republic

I learn that law is slavery

I learn might makes right

I learn the ignorance of American history of the slaughter of Indians

I learn how to be a captialist pig

I learn how to be dependent on others

I learn only one form of wealth and society

I learn that students can’t change the educational systom

How is this any better then the out come ?[/quote]

Gads man! What school do you go to? :o
I don’t remember that stuff being in the curriculum!

I should watch “Manufaction Consent”.

Just Kidding Al_Capone. I know it’s true. Actually my teachers in school taught us about it. They didn’t gloss over the Native American issue either.

Blah !!

religion :stuck_out_tongue:

You spelled “sign” wrong in the topic.

I go to Sudbury Valley School, I am a member of ASFAR, and I predict a flamewar.

I think he meant “sigh”

http://www.clubinfo.bdeb.qc.ca/~theeth/MonkeyFlamer.png

Martin

Well, personally I hope to be free enough to homeschool my children, whenever I become a father… At least until high school, when I’d likely let them decide whether to continue homeschool, or go to the best school I can put them in.

Beyond that, I believe in 1) getting the federal gov’t completely out of education. Then 2) States getting really good voucher programs going (really good defined as “we will provide x dollars per student per year, it goes to whatever public/private school you send your kids to, or if homeschooled, x portion goes to you in cash, after showing reciept for books/supplies/etc.”). Then 3) Publicly-owned schools are operated as independent competetive businesses. (S)He who provides the best education at the lowest cost wins, and so do the children, and so do their parents, future employers, future neighbors, etc.

Imp

What the hell you refering to ? :-?

Well, I would go with homeschooling, to keep them away from Drugs, gangs, guns, molesters, big school bus tires, sexial misinformation, rape, censorship, represion and all the other evil things that come with sending children to some day care center.

Because 99.8% of daycare centers don’t have those problems. The other .2% make the news.

Enzo, I believe when he says “day care center”, he’s talking about public schools. Frankly, that’s why I want to homeschool, specifically because schools have turned into daycare for older children, rather than centers of learning.

Imp