Sequence Editing?

Ok…i need some help…

Is it possible to use audio track directly from an imported movie? Do I really have to separate the audio track every time I want to do AV editing in sequence editor?

Second question…
How do I ensure that audio and video will always sync up? Is there a lock feature that will prevent the audio from moving once I have it synced? I have noticed that blender refused to make a metastrip of video+audio.

I am trying to use blender sequence editor as a video editor to use for editing some home videos. I’ve been getting really frustrated b/c i can’t get the audio and video to match up (audio and video are exactly the same length but in blender audio track is always several frames longer than video track…audio track was separated in VirtualDub).

I am trying to use blender sequence editor as a video editor to use for editing some home videos. I’ve been getting really frustrated b/c i can’t get the audio and video to match up (audio and video are exactly the same length but in blender audio track is always several frames longer than video track…audio track was separated in VirtualDub).

ok…i think I figured out what is causing this problem. I think it has to do with blender not correctly handling NTSC video. NTSC video is 29.97fps while blender works in on integer framerates (ie 30fps for NTSC). Over thousands of frames this becomes a real pain (b/c video and audio will eventually become unsynced.)

So this brings up the question…will correct support for NTSC be added to blender? If not, are there any other free video editors that are as good as blender that support 29.97fps?