I was looking for a script similar to this one:
COB_SSD-Sequence Section Destroyer
It would be a nice feature for Blender’s VSE, and nice way to clean bad frames during rendering.
And because I am not a programmer myself, I am curious about your opinion.
I imagine the procedure for deletion of section of a image sequence as follows.
1. Import the image sequence in Blender as strip.
2. Hard Cut the strip in places that you want to remove later - this will result in smaller strips lined together.
3. Select the strips that hold the files that you want to delete from the disk and use the script.
Options for the deletion could be:
1. Delete files from disk and delete the corresponding strips (Cleanup)
2. Delete only the files from disk but keep the strips.(Re-render and reload the blendfile).
3. Option to move the files to backup folder.
How hard is to do such script?