Sequencer - simple clip import issue

I am having an issue with simple imported clips.

When I switch to “4-Sequencer” and import a MPG file with Add > Movie + Audio (HD) the length of the audio and video is different. See image below.

I think there is an issue with the media that I am importing. How can I re-format the clips to import them correctly? Can I fix the clips after I import them?

I am running Blender 2.49b in Debian Linux.

Attachments

This is a common mistake in the VSE.
Just make sure that you have set the frame rate of the clip correctly. Determine the frame rate first, then enter the value in the render panel field and reimport the clip.

Thank you blendercomp for the quick reply! That fixed it!

Attachments

nice illustration!

This should be a STICKY at the top of this forum! I think there at least 10 of these questions a week. If no sticky then a fix would be good too…

@3point: great idea!
However, I’m not a big fan of sticky posts, I was thinking more in the direction of an FAQ. Most -if not all- online communities use FAQs to address newbie problems. An FAQ is more direct and to the point and if it’s in a wiki-like format it might also allow for user-contributed comments and solutions. The best example I can think of is that of php documentation.

If there was a sticky for every niggle and long standing oddity, BA would be full of stickys and no room to post. :slight_smile:

If we all searched first, as we’re all guilty of it from time to time, there’d be no need to post the question. :slight_smile:

oops I replied to wrong message

Yes you are right, I wished that I had searched for how to complain correctly first…

…hey maybe there should be a sticky for that!