Serene Bathroom

Hello guys, I wanted to share my latest personal project.

My latest personal project that I’ve started as a practice for my interior design classes.

Behance
Instagram
Artstation

Software used: Blender | Cycles | Photoshop | LuxCore for caustics

Samples were usually set to something between 1000 and 2500.

Thumbnail:

56 Likes

Could you share light settings?

For the evening renders, I’ve used a sunset HDRI and instead of increasing its strength, I’ve adjusted my exposure to about +7. For the daytime, it’s an overcast HDRI (without sun) and a separate sunlamp with blackbody color around 5000K so it’s slightly warm. And that’s basically it :wink:

3 Likes

So it’s maximum 2 sources of light for the scene ? I though it would be more complicated.
Thank you for the insight. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yup, I usually keep it simple. The lamps are also emitting some light but it’s rather insignificant here.

Awesome.
Can’t believe that its a render. So realistic, almost like photo especially the overcast one. (Looks like a pic from arch. magazine)
And the lighting is just wow, the quality is so pro level. When it comes to photorealistic archviz, you are one of the guys I look up to.
Again very beautiful render.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I’m glad you like it!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Goegeous lightning!

1 Like

Thank you so much, @bartv

@ramonsamagaio Thank you, glad you like it!

1 Like

Great shading and focus. Shooting the stool setup with a real camera would take a Noctilux or so… very good.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s what I love about CG - I can get way more creative than I ever could with my 50mm f/1.8.

1 Like

This scene looks amazing.
Is there any way you could share any info on how you rendered it keeping so much fine detail and no noise?

1 Like

@Scoped Congrats on that awesome piece of art ! And thank you for sharing your light setup. Did you model all the 3D assets?

1 Like

@RebelSaffa Thank you! I have a “manual” approach for this. When I render my image I save 2 versions of it - one with the old denoiser and the other one with the Intel denoiser. Each one is good at different things that I combine in photoshop to have the best of both worlds. It takes a bit more time but I think it’s worth the effort.

@Ludovic_L Thanks a lot! As far as I can remember, only the architecture (walls etc), fur rug and the bathtub (I tend to model only the simpler stuff).