Serious problem with Blender 2.5

Hi, new to Blender but not 3d. just an FYI. :slight_smile:

With this version of Blender 2.53.0 r 30581 the cpu is hitting 100% (of one core) when ever i do anything!!! eg Select a drop down, change a number, in fact ANY UI function.

I’m really hoping someone knows why this is happening, as Blender is unable like this. Tried x64 and x32 version on my HP win 7 x64, but both do the same.

Using a HP mobile workstation, which is certified to run 3d apps, commercial ones work with no issues.

I did turn off the audio = no difference.

Yes i do have the latest quadro drivers. Still no go with blender.

I really hope someone can help, i really want to get into Blender.

I don´t see the quadro drivers support blender in windows7, nor in 64b:
http://www.nvidia.com/page/partner_certified_drivers.html

That might cause your issues.
You can always grab ubuntu and run blender there, IMO the smoothest fastest way to “guarantee” it´ll work.
Also keep in mind that 2.5 is was alpha and now is beta - issues might crop up all the time.
2.49b is the latest stable release.

try a newer build from http://www.graphicall.org/builds/, look for builds with trunk in their titles, the official beta builds if you don’t grab them within the first week or so get outdated pretty damn quick.

I can verify that Blender 2.5 31068 works fine on windows (bugs aside). The problem may be in your machine.

Often, viruses use 100% of the CPU and attach themselves to EXE files.

Hmm, that’s interesting. I thought the quadro cards, as CAD cards, would have good openGL support.

Hmm, now to diagnostics.

• Check that it really is blender.
  • If it is:
  • Try different builds, try 2.49

Thats all i got.

Unless you are developer and/or very geeky, do not use alpha release software. Obviously, there is an issue with your machine/driver, as it works fine on other platforms. First, get the stable release version working on your machine, 2.49, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks Guys, the just an fyi, a quadro card is nvidia, its not a game card it’s specifically made for 3d & cad etc and its guaranteed to work great (but $$). the GTX type is for home/ games, the quadro’s can pump huge datasets and their drivers are more developed/complete/robust.

But I found the problem, its crazyand if your a member of blender, i dont know if here counts, maybe you can log it, the web site is not working for me.?? One bug a day is enough…lol

The problem is choose Maya from the prefs it goes ultra slow, choose blender goes fast… I wonder if that was done on purpose … lol

Thanks again.