set LinV

I want LinV for my motion, but I don’t know how to set it with Python. For Force you’d use act.setForce(x,y,z,1). I tryed act.setLinV(&c…) but that didn’t work, so what do I need? Thanks.

I think you put

setLinearVelocity

use this website to find functions like that
http://www.tutorialsforblender3d.com/GameFunctions/GameLogicPage1.html
It even gives you examples

Thanks, I had just figured that out and was coming back to fix that, but another question arouse, what are the benefits/ short comings of using Linear Velocity in comparison with Force? And if I use force, would that interfere with getLinearVelocity?

Well, using linear velocity you’ll get snappy, more predictable movement (I never found Force to be better suited for things like that…then again, maybe I just don’t know how to use it right).

The downside of linear velocity; It’s bound to override acting forces like gravity. So, if you have a dynamic object that’s falling down on the Z axis, and then you move that object on the X axis using the movement actuators’ linv…it will start falling really, really slowly.

Or at least, that’s been my experience.

That’s what I found aswell. I clicked the Add and that seemed to fix the problem, but I don’t entirely know what that does. Is there a better solution? And if not, then what does mine do?