Setting viewport color of specific faces

Hi, all.

I have several faces in my mesh I want to distinguish in object mode. Is there any way to set viewport color of a specific face in a mesh without applying a material to it? Right now my trick is to flip those faces’ normals, so they look grey in solid mode, but I’m looking for a better solution.

Thanks.

any reason why you dont want to apply a material to it?

I already have a material applied to entire mesh. Can I apply a material to a specific face separately?

Moreover, I then export the mesh to use in my WebGL application, so I don’t need that to be displayed there, I just need it for viewport in blender.

You could make a colour id map texture and turn it on and off as you need

Hi

Or maybe Grease Pencil…?

You can do it with Grease Pensil layer’s

N - Panel…Make a Gp layer in object mode I think…In T - Panel set draw to surface…Layer’s have draw and fill color…Use fill.

In viewport Press D and left click to fill Your face’s

I already have a material applied to entire mesh. Can I apply a material to a specific face separately?

In Edit mode You can assign material to every single face…:slight_smile:

Tai

Yes you can apply materials to faces on one mesh individually. Make whatever materials you want, add them to the mesh by using the + outlined in blue, select the desired faces, select the desired material, and then click the assign button.

Sincerely: Mandrimore

Attachments