Sflender 2.6 (SWF exporter) still for Blender V2.36

• New gui
  • New vectorize function (better curve fitting)
  • Fix bugs: Ortho camera, Size of export file according to blender size.
  • New Brush lines
  • New Toon Line (this will only appear on export file)
  • New color picker (click LMB on colors for lines, mask, shadow and background)

Still for blender 2.36 I`m having problems with Blender 2.37b but I posted a bug in the Blender.org and I hope the fix is under development.
Thanks to all you guys.

So grab it and test it.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/emilio.aguirre/

Emilio

Nice, thanx you :slight_smile:

very nice, i’m testing.

How do I get this blugin work?

What is a 'blugin"?? In answer to your question. I pm emillio. Hey is really tight on time right now. So he have not written a tutorial or docs for it yet. He use to have a very good docs section for older versions of this script. But took them down for some reason.

What is a 'blugin"?? In answer to your question. I pm emillio. Hey is really tight on time right now. So he have not written a tutorial or docs for it yet. He use to have a very good docs section for older versions of this script. But took them down for some reason.

you need blender 2.36
then in the script windows you load the script.
alt+p as usual, then you have two steps:
first one choose the style you want for fills(flat, wired, toon, etc) and edges (siluette, lines, etc), then you have to export the animation or the still.

note that emilio is still working to fix some errors, and that you have to choose an existing folder for the export.

this script is great.
bye

indeed,i waited for a long time this release even if it’s not for 2.37.The animations look great, better than the other ones form the previous release.Though they seem to load slow.
Anyway i can’t wait for more news as long as i plan to migrate to linux soon and take full advantage of open-source.
Keep on the good work!

this script is very usefull but i am getting weird results. The top of my flash seems to have the toolbar from the top of the blender window on it.
Heres the .swf http://thefilehut.com/userfiles/outofthehat/demo.swf

Can anyone tell me whats going wrong?

Yeap, because of openGL limitation if your animation is 640x480 and the window view (text view where the script is running) is smaller than this size the script take the animation size that you defined in Blender as the good one. So that’s why it takes the other part of the toolbar as been inside the render region. A fast way to solve this problem is to resize your text view greater than your Width and Height Settings.

Emilio

Thanks it works now. Seems odd to me how the size of the text window affects the output of the script but then again I know very little python and I dont know how the script works. I’m still having trouble getting the output to be what I want. I’ll have to play around with the parameters and the shader and other settings to learn how to use it fully.
I know you may be busy with other things but when can we expect some documentation on the script?

I have been a little bit busy, I’m still stuck on better silhuette lines and to fix the crash error to run the script in Blender 2.37.
I will try to grab an old tutorial that I have and redo it to reflect the changes and new GUI. Maybe this weekend I can have something. If I finish I will post it in this forum.

Emilio

ok, so i’m ready to test.
good luck whit the edge lines !!
:slight_smile:

Sorry to bring this thread back to the top, but does this work with v2.4 yet?

Hasn’t worked for me.

Last I was told,he has been busy with school work,so don’t hold your breath.

Wish I had more time to learn code.

With quite a bit of help, I was offered this information and will pass it along. If you want to use the Sflender script and have it render the swf files you need to make a file called swf and put in on your local drive c for a PC. If you are wanting to have it render, to say a mac or an external drive, you need to make a folder called swf as before, put it on that drive, and do the following.

In S2flender (V2.6 Beta) under the

Test SWF

portion of the script the code reads
#swfWrite(‘c:\swf\demo.swf’ , movie) note couldn’t find tilda, anyway-
the c just refers to the drive so write whatever your drive is in place of the c for example on a Mac the is rendering to an external drive I have
#swfWrite(‘Volumes/GLYPH-100GB/swf\demo.swf’,movie)
ALSO you must change the section

Definition of global variables

curently it will read
gPathname= Create(“c:\swf”)
using the above example I changed it to
gPathname=Create(Volumes/GLYPH-100GB/swf")
This is most likely obvious to some, but my hope in posting it is that, it may be of benefit. The main point is change c to whatever your local disc is called or you are using the script to render to. If you would like to see some examples www.dmrg.pbwiki.com and look under the flash animation section.

Please keep up work on this script! It is a brilliant addition to Blender. I had to go back to Blender 2.6 to try this and a 2.6 version will be staying on my system just for this script. Great Flash results can be achieved with this. I’ve used a flash decompiler to get the .swf files into various flash programs. Fantastic cartoon like additions for any Flash work. The only other way is to use Swift3D but who wants that when we have Blender?

I will start working on:

• Port the script to Blender 2.41
  • New silhouettes (implement Appels algorithm)
  • Simple interface
  • Split the code (one script for SWF Exporter, one script for Render Raster Images)
  • Create big raster images (example 3000x3000 pixeles)

Don’t know when I will be finish. But I have the time now to do it :slight_smile:

Greetings

Emilio

thank you so much

Hi!

• Port the script to Blender 2.41
  • New silhouettes (implement Appels algorithm)

Sorry for the “stupid question”, but:
What does “Apples algorithm” exactly mean, what is it good for?
Will the script also be campatible with older and newer versions than 2.41 of Blender (2.40, 2.42)

Can`t wait for it :smiley: