SG-1 got the boot

Not surprising after ten years and the jumping of the shark sometime about season 7…after the huge battle in the season finale…it was pretty much down hill from there.

The producers seem to be shopping around for a new network home, but I think they need to go back to Sci-fi, get funding for a “last” episode and finish the series.

Hey it’s been a fun, but it’s time for something new.

Can you show us the link to an article about this?

Did some searching, found these via digg: Stargate SG-1 Cancelled, Copper: SG-1 will go on

Mind you, it is digg, and I can’t say that I have ever heard of ‘gateworld’.

I, for one, am a big fan of the series and would like to ask for a moment of silence for Stargate SG-1.

we will miss you.

…silence

now that thats out of the way, I would point out that after Richard Dean Anderson left the scene, it lost most of the qualities I loved.

I’ve heard it hasn’t actually been cancelled; just that no more episodes have been ordered yet.

I’ve not seen season 10 (? I think that’s the latest one) yet but I still enjoyed season 9. I think it would have been much better if they’d waited a year (or even more) between season 8 and 9. There was too much of a sharp, sudden change what with Anderson and Don S Davis both leaving. Introducing a whole new enemy did feel like a slightly desperate attempt to keep it going - it wouldn’t have felt like that if there’d been a bit more of a wait. And if they’d waited, maybe Richard Dean Anderson would have decided to return (I think he left to spend more time with his daughter), or at least General Hammond.

Ah well… I hope Atlantis keeps going, without SG1 that will easily be the best sci-fi on TV. Apart from Dr Who, possibly, but that’s completely different. Best American sci-fi then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Long Live Doctor Who!

Hmm… So it is true…

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/22/television.stargate.reut/index.html

the cnn page

:eek::eek::eek::(:(:frowning:

Since when?!

http://www.edinburghguide.com/aande/theatre/images/singlespiespowell.jpg
Jolly, That’s a real pity! =|