Shadow of the Colossus

Has anyone played this game?

I recently bought it and am very impressed

the graphics, scope of the world and the horse and rider
animations are outstading

not to mention the colossi themselves!!

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/490/490849/img_2795320.html

yes

If I were to get a PS2 I would get this game first. How good is the gameplay?

to echo z3r0_d: yes. great game. very innovative. and the ending seems to suggest some connection to ico…

I have Ico and it seems it’s the same developers who made this one. I didn’t really enjoy Ico all that much because it was a little boring. I admit it was qute innovative but there are other innovative games that are also challenging and hold my interest. The trailers for the game make it look similar to Ico so I don’t think I’ll buy it. Here’s the official site if people want to check it out:

http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97472/Site/

Amazing game. Definitely very high on my “best games” list. This game reeks of innovation. I felt a very strong connection to the main character. As I was struggling trying to find out how to fight the colossi, I could feel like the character was going through the same feelings. Sometimes I got really frustrated and puzzled, but when I figured it out there was a real feeling of accomplishment.

Anyone notice that the really good games for consoles come out just as they’re about to be phased out? I feel like the developers have finally gotten all the technical junk out of the way and can focus on making an interesting and creative game. Unfortunately we’re going to have to suffer through another few years of mediocre/safe games again as they adapt to the new consoles.

Yesterday i saw a parody of this game on heavy.com.
Hereit is for your enjoyment,
BUT BEWARE HEAVY WILL TAKE A LIFETIME TO LOAD WITH A SLOW CONNECTION AND WILL RIPP A HOLE THROUGH YOUR POCKET IF YOU PAY PER DOWNLOAD.

Anyway back to the game:
It looks really good makes me wish i had a PS2 :frowning: