Shaolin Character

Stylized character I made in Blender 2.82 during quarantine :smiley: mainly to work on my rigging and animating skills. I have been doing a lot of static stuff so I think it is time to bite my tongue and move forward. Here I present some studio renders:

Here is a preview of the test expressions I made. All is driven throught shape keys, and altough it is not fully connected to the rig yet, it works as a reference sheet for animation:

Here I have a close up on the clothes. I added little fibers sticking out of the garments. They are in no way exagerated or very noticable from far, but they do soften the sape of the clothes and pick light differently, gaining a nicer look.

Here you can see my model in Blender. It is pretty low poly, since I dont have gazillion objects on him :smiley: but that makes him way more manageble for animation and rigging.

Here I have a look behind the expressions, to show you how the wire deforms

Lastly a full 4K render with another pose :smiley:

62 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, stay safe and have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you Bart!

1 Like

So sick! :blue_heart: :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate the comment :smiley:

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

It’s so wonderful!

1 Like

The cloth is beautiful.

2 Likes

Thank you Bart! I’m very happy about it :sweat_smile:

@sungoori thanks! I’m glad you like it!

@MadeWithFeet thanks :grinning: I had trouble once in the past making the cloth particles, but now with some more experience making hair the result was better :grin:

1 Like

When I zoomed in on the bits of fluff sticking out of the socks and the trousers I gasped out loud hahahaha amazinggggg

1 Like

Thanks! I am happy you noticed that detail :sweat_smile: from a far view is not that visible but it does gives the material life

Excellent!! Top notch work ok all aspects!! :smiley:

it’s nice. it reminds me of Sokka