Shape Key Tools

What it does:

it adds an operator to the mesh toolshelf that takes the selected vertices and moves them to the position of the basis for the shape key. I made it an operator because often I sculpt or edit a shape key with mirror on unintentionally and this allows me to select the parts that I didn’t intend to move and put them back to basis position.

Maybe i just don’t understand it well, but isn’t the built-in function W key > “Blend from shape” the same thing?

I couldn’t find any documentation on blend from shape, but that tool doesn’t allow you to select a different shape key to blend from, It also doesn’t operate only on the selected vertices.

Actually in the left-hand “t” menu, there are options for it which allow you to select the shape to blend from (like any other tool). It also does work only on selected vertices for me.

Yep, from the blender wiki :

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Manual/Animation/Techs/Shape/Shape_Keys/Editing

This will blend the current selected elements with their state in another shape key.Once the tool is activated, you must select (in a pop-up menu) from which key you want to blend, and then to what extent you want to blend, from 0% (no blending) to 100% (full blending), either by horizontally sliding your mouse cursor and then clicking LMB , or by directly clicking MMB to have a full (100%) blending.For example, if you are editing key smile and want to recover the Basis state of the left part of the lips, you would select these vertices, hit W » Blend From Shape, then select theBasis key, and MMB to fully blend them to the Basis key.