Sharp edges in liquid simulation...

Hi, I’m having some difficulty with getting decent looking liquid, even though I’ve managed it a few times previously. As you can see from this partial render, I’m getting sharp edges:

This is with a resolution of 220, using the Oil preset…

Any ideas?

Several likely culprits: you probably have objects in your simulation that have unapplied scales and/or rotations. Ctrl-A in object mode for each participant in that sim. You also may have a domain that is too big for the fluid. Your domain should always be as small as you can possibly get away with. Keep it as close to the fluid as you can. Finally, the scale of the whole sim might just be way off. If there’s too big a disagreement between the Real World Size value and the actual dimensions of the system, you can get odd results. If you’re clever and plan ahead, they can be exactly the odd results you want, but if you do it by accident, well…not so much.

If none of those suggestions help, upload your .blend file to www.pasteall.org/blend/ and give us the link.

A couple of the letters which fall into the liquid were scaled without the scale applied, fixed that but still the same. There is rotation, but this is desired so not sure what I’d do about that. The liquid is sitting right inside the domain, and I’m using world units so I can’t edit the real world size.

Still odd results:

Yeah, animated rotation on those letters is fine, though you should probably have put their origin points inside each letter, rather than all in the same place in the middle. I guess you must have split a single object into three at some point.

I think the problems are all coming from your fluid object. It is penetrating the walls of the domain. All but the top face are just a tiny bit outside the domain box. That’ll confuse the sim. Scale it down a little and move it up. And apply those scales if you do it in object mode, of course.

Also, all the edges on the fluid object are marked as freestyle edges. I don’t think that will affect anything, but I doubt you intended it, so you may want to fix that for the sake of tidiness. It’s in the Ctrl-E menu in edit mode.

Well, I’ve been playing around all eve, and have yet to get satisfactory results, even after fixing the problem with the fluid not being contained inside the domain. But I’ll keep experimenting…

PS the freeestyle edges were on as I was going to see if I could make some nice wireframe liquid as a bit of an experiment…

Oh, and as a quick test, I just did a quick sim using a regular icosphere:

and you can see a horrible sharp shape on the right. This is only with a res of 50, but surely low res sims should lack detail rather than trying to convey the fine detail in a small amount of polys?

This test render ends up with a horrible plane being separated from the rest of the fluid:

Nobody?

This lens is designed for the shoe fashionista. I love shoes as it should be evident; so I decided to share with you some shoes that I think are the fliest for the Spring/Summer seasons. This lense will include pictures of the shoe itself. Basically,chaussure jeremy scott, I wasn’t entirely prepared and gave an offer that, now that I’ve done the research, I see is a good 20% lower than the salary range that Glassdoor reports for that company and that position. Am I going to be able to negotiate upwards later? This feels very early in the game,nike blazer femme, but I don’t have that much interviewing experience.5. I’m just beginning the process of looking for new jobs in the last few weeks, with the hope that I’ll have something in hand by August,nike blazer femme pas cher, and,isabel marant, while you never know with these things, I’m fairly confident that I’ll get an offer at some point in the next few months, not to mention that if worst comes to worst I don’t need to leave my current position. Don crash into anyone. Just keep all those ahead of you in your sights and try and pick them off,http://www.berlinnj.org/municipal-picks.php. Nothing more motivating than passing people,new balance 420 pas cher. What happened to their son how did He fault,jeremy scott wings 2.0. What are the circumstances of his death He actor who was 42 died last week in this hospital in Utah from a brain hemorrhage after a fall. At the home in Utah that He shared with his wife . If you want to make 3D image follow these steps. First, draw the image using the basic shapes and elements. Turn off strokes. Twitter main appeal is in its simplicity and its ability to distribute information quickly. Users can send short messages either public or private that consist of up to 140 characters. Anyone can anyone else, but the relationship doesn have to be reciprocal. Right now,new balance homme, zero risk securities (hah!) yield zero. You get no return. A bit of risk (10 year government bonds) yield about 1.6%. As a man who tried to fight back against the oppression of racial mixing and blacks taking offer he was pushed over the edge Doug Williams yes by what. By the oppression and Richard Barrett runs the nationalist movement. Sees the Lockheed Martin brochures as evidence of the kind of thing that bothered Leon’s. Regular exercise and/or running tights aren’t warm enough. Typical temps I walk in are down to 20F I’d like to be warm,jordan 2013 pas cher, but just not cold would be sufficient. I need them in a women’s size 2X,nike air max 1 pas cher, but have had no luck finding anything. That omelette technique works every time. The boeuf Bourguignon recipe is practically the basis for a cult,http://www.whalewatch.org/m_news_whaling.htm, and while there are likely far fewer consumers are consulting brain blanching methods these days,jordan pas cher homme, a goodly chunk of those who do probably have their copy of MtAoFC cracked open to the relevant section. It stands to reason that a home cook would assume that every facet of the guidance offered would stand the test of time and it may have been assumed accurate in its day… ???: if sometimes subtle with a certain carelessness shoulder press we’ll be able to fish for three or four days.

Low res sims lack both detail and accuracy. It’s probably trying to make a splash, but due to the low resolution does not have enough geometry to work with, hence the weird edges. You might also try adjusting the time settings. You have a start time of 0 and an end time of 1, which means your simulation is only one second long, even though the animation is 200 frames long at 24 fps. Those letters also might have details that are too fine and thin for anything less than a ridiculously high fluid resolution. You might consider making simplified letter proxies to use as the collision objects.

Yeah, I’m finding I have the same problems when I run the sim at 200+ resolution too… As for the time, I’m trying to get super slo-mo type results, so that’s intentional.

I’ll start afresh, with a simple cube, and see if I can pinpoint where it goes wrong.