Sharp Turn Ahead

Here are a couple shots from a webpage graphic I’m working on. I plan to add some right turn warning signs, increase the road texture detail and adjust the lighting a bit more. Any input is appreciated.

early in the modeling/texturing

adjusted the lighting, added a guard rail, changed the cliff texture and added some plants

looks good, I would definitely add some lighter and darker regions to the road texture from tire tracks and oil leaks etc.

Thanks Modron. I’m waiting to tackle more of the road detail. I wanted to complete more of the geometry before tweaking the textures much more. Mostly because I wanted to feel like I was making progress. I added the sign texture, posts and some terrain behind the guard rail.

Here’s what I have so far. Both are the same other than the colors.

Break time for now. Should be able to wrap this up tomorrow. Feel free to let me know if you think of anything else.

Here’s an update:

• Added more detail to the road texture
  • Added some stray gravel on the outskirts of the road
  • Changed the lighting to cast sharper shadows.

To do:

• Add some detail to the mountain curb topology
  • Add a material to the mountain curb

This is the hardest I’ve tried to get a photo realistic result. Any suggestions or critiques?

great, sure you can play with colors a bit more but it looks awesome,
will you share it?
wondering how a car model will look on that road.

As of now I don’t have plans to share the file. It probably isn’t my property since this is part of my job. I drew the road texture in PS, so I may do a tutorial on it. I do have plans on rendering a night scene with headlights lighting up the warning signs. Depending on what camera angle I go with, There may be a car with some motion blur applied to it.