Shift-Space

In older versions you could shift-space in any given window to maximize it, does 2.8 still have this feature? If so what is it now? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Control + Space now maximizes a viewport.

2 Likes

Tks Metin, and can you pull down and open new windows, I can’t find any widgets in the corners?

1 Like

Great, thanks TP

Jesus, grabbing that corner has been made even more difficult then

1 Like

Yeah it’s not easy. The spot to click is very tiny.

Has the ctrl+space been fixed for the node editor/node wrangler? Last I checked I got the wrangler menu up instead, but I think something like ctrl+alt+space (?) worked to maximize.

I’m curious, have you been using 2.8 long? How you find it? Obviously the real-time renderer is nice, but generally speaking?

This is my first day actually sitting down and trying to use it, a lot of hotkeys have changed I notice, I love my hotkeys so it’s a bit of a headache.

I’m running 2.8 since the code quest. And in general it’s a huge improvement over 2.7. The new features/workflows/new tools/keymap (left click select as default haha)… basically most things are much better now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is hard if you try to place pointer hover tiny gap between areas.
Forget that. Just come close to the gap and when icon look changes, it means that you can click and drag.
You don’t need to reach the gap to start the move.

The sweet spot was already tiny and hard to reach before and got worse now: https://developer.blender.org/D4033

1 Like

Cool good to hear, I have another question though, how to change the size of the interface bars and icons?

ctrl + middle mouse button for specific editors or in preferences / interface, there’s a display scale value there.
I’m afraid you can’t increase the icons size alone.

1 Like

I usually use F4, I think it’s the easiest way to split windows. You move the cursor to where you want, use the shortcut and then the “Window Context Menu” will open.

window%20context%20menu

1 Like

F4 is nice, always like a hotkey :slight_smile:

Also have a look at this article for a summary of changes from 2.7x to 2.8.

1 Like

How did you make this hotkey? Can I see how it looks in the settings? Like here bellow