Shining metal!

My problem is that I am trying to make an object which is going to have a diagonal shine going across the object. It’s really hard to explain what I mean by “diagonal shine” but if you have questions fell free to ask them. The object is floating in mid-air and with a transparent background, so no objects other than the object itself can be seen. The object will also have a spinning animation. There is the part where I screw up because I’m not able to get lighting around the object with different strength, so shadows can exist therefore actually seeing the object spinning. The shine thing is also hard to get because I don’t know which material nor lighting I should use. I’m doing it in cycles because I find it much more realistic, but if a solution isn’t in cycles then it will be fine, as long as it looks good.

Thanks!

It would probably help to post what you already have got. And maybe use a few lines sketched in to give a better impression of the effect you want to achieve.

From your description it sounds like you need something for the metal object to reflect as it is spinning. Eearch for hrdi environment lighting. Also posting your blend file would help get you more answers.

hi… this could be what you are looking for…

and it does behave like shine because it uses the ‘reflection co-ordinates’…

add the emision shader on top of what you’ve got…