[short anim] Little Fairy - UPDATED/Release of sources

Thanks a lot Dreamsgate , Leichim !

[UPDATE Feb 2007 = link for source downloading repaired]

[UPDATE sept 2006]
http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4209/feeccrevoyva3.jpg

I give all my model/textures about the Little Fairy.
(under creative commons license, read join files for more info )
This file have :

• The Fairy with the total armature
  • flowers
  • grot
  • frog
  • water / plant / rocks
  • rendering
    –> no animation

Feel Free to use/ create/ deform / play with this in your project or simply open the scene for curiosity.
Downloading : pack_blender-little-fairy-revoy.zip
(zip files 4 mo, *.blend files with textures packed)

Moved to the gallery.

BgDM

hey this is nice. Maybe a making-of article for the next issue of blenderart magazine to get more exposure? great work though. This shows you have a lot of discipline!

That’s an excellent idea! It would be nice see the whole animation from start to finish fully
documented in BlenderArt Mag’s next issue or after.:smiley:

This is so inspiring!! Maybe there’s hope for a noob like me. :slight_smile:

DeeVad, nice, cool… I saw your webpage, Why Fairy? I’m studying your blend, can you explain about the water effect and the castle particles effect?
and How long took the render?

Thanks for all post and e-mail,

May be it will be more easy if I start to write on a paper all question about technics , took back some screen in my anim, and answer them on a media as Blenderart with a tutorial about the castle effect ( thanks Nam Pham for the idea ) . How to contact them ?

Consider us contacted.:smiley: When you have it all written up, go ahead and send it to me at:

[email protected]

I would love to hear about the techniques used in your animation.

:slight_smile: You’re a magician dreamsgate !
I will make this public answer mixed/tutorial the sooner I can, and send it to the adress up.
Thanks for a so fast reply

If you’re looking for a host for the video, 4shared.com gives you 1gig free space unlimited bandwidth, and their ads seem to be less intrusive than the some of the other free hosting sites.

Mike

I’m sorry to say it but I like all of the animation except for the animation itself.
I’m not liking the animation cause of the lack of realism, maybe you should put some more time in animation in your next movie. I know it’s hard to animate realistic but all the correcting and re-posing is very good for your experience and results.

Happy Blending!

Thanks Mike_S for the link, I will try to make a good use of it.

Anicator : Thanks, you’are right about animation : I must work on it.

My compliments for inspiring, finished animation project. Your models, as always, were superb.

I am looking forward to seeing your next projects.

<edit>Just a quick note about your fairy’s finger rig. Have you taken a look at bassam’s finger rig? You can find it at http://orange.blender.org/blog/mancandy-updated/. Or take a look at Orange rigs. It is easy to animate. Just scale fingers and the joints will move automatically. The bones that move joints are hidden on other armature layer. </edit>

Deevad!
Great short Animation !!!:slight_smile:
I like the Ambient,Atmosphere,Music,Textures for Wings…and Fairy…and Flowers…also the Water Surface (Lake) and the Particles used!
like some others says the Fairy Animation is not the best!Its Ok! could be a little better!
and i dont like the Frog how looks !!!

Thanks!

Great job Deevad, what a pleasant animation, I love the lightning and texturing job you’ve done, and the water is fantastic !!

See y@
Serialsiner

awesome dude, sell it to WoW as a trailer :wink:

Thanks for comments, I add just this one 7 month after to say I update the link for downloading source files.
Thanks to the user who told me it by e-mail.

ooooooh, I like the fairy, I must download and play!

Must download and play? ME TOO! Great work, what about those tutorials mentioned above??? wink, wink, nudge, nudge ;o)