Short animation: The Enlightenment

I made it in blender (why, of course!) with a cool model, ludwig, to study and learn more about animation.

I learned a lot about it and have enjoyed making the movie. I hope you also would enjoy watching it.

Any criqitues, comments, suggestions, etc. are welcome. :slight_smile:

P.S. I know I forgot ā€œenā€ in Enlightenment, but Iā€™m too lazy to fix it thereā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

http://savefile.com/files/219002 for people that canā€™t view movies on youtube.com :slight_smile: Enjoy! And no, itā€™s not a higher resolution viewā€¦ it has the same dimension like youtube do.

Edit: http://www.dm07.net/blender/theenlightenment.blend <ā€” get the .blend file and see it for yourself about how I did all of those stuff. :slight_smile: Including the world settings, light settings, etc. :slight_smile:

i cant do youtube, would you mind posting for download? A good site is savefile.com . You can upload files for free. Thanks, Cant wait to see it
peace man
Drew

No problem, I will do that tomorrow and edit my 1st post when it has been uploaded.

Thanks very much dreammaster, look forward to seein the short

Lol, very cool. I liked it a lot, especially the kneeling.

Good job.

greenlig

The walkcycle needs a little tweaking, but hey. Itā€™s good that you learned a
lot, and the result is VERY nice! Nice lightening effects too :slight_smile:

Nice!!

I remember you mentioned this on IRC, and it blew away all my expectations. great stuff indeed. I especially love the light flicker :smiley:

Nice! Great mood and character motion!

It is fun for me to see how people put Ludwig to use. Makes me feel that the hours I put into him were worth it. So thanks for sharing! Keep it up!

Thank you everybody for your comments/criqitues. Yes, I agree that the walkcycle needs some work, but not bad for my very first path-based walkcycle with stride method so Iā€™m quite safisied that I have came this far. Although, I was working on it a lot then I figured out that I better let it be and move on. I can get more practices in later animationsā€¦ perhaps with ludwig again if sketchy doesnā€™t mind. :} Soon, Iā€™ll learn how to rig and make my own models with rigging system, but for nowā€¦ ludwig does the job (in other words, Iā€™m too lazy).

I love the light flicker too! XD

Anyways, for people that havenā€™t noticedā€¦ I have added the opition to download the movie at savefiles.com because apparently, youtube.com doesnā€™t work for everybody. :slight_smile:

1 Like

ah crap, it wont playā€¦just get a white screen(must have the wrong codec)
anyway, thx for posting it for donwload anyway!
peace
Drew

Very nice !

Can you share some of your techniques ?

How does the sphere emit light?

How did you create the red and white ā€œskyā€ ?

btw, if youā€™re looking for more rigs, Iā€™ve collected links to all the best ones in my ā€œBest of Blenderā€ thread.

Mike

Use VLCā€¦ it plays almost ANYTHING! :wink:

Isnt that only for mac?..i tried to download it from the site, and im pretty sure it was mac onlyā€¦

I have it on windowsā€¦ so Iā€™m pretty sure that there is win version of VLC. :slight_smile:

For Mike_S: Perhaps I will share my techniques somedayā€¦ although, Iā€™m not sure how I can do that without writing 1000ā€™s pages of the information so I think Iā€™ll just share the .blend file for everybody to see. :slight_smile: However, I donā€™t know a decent site that I can upload a .blend file to without any problemsā€¦ any ideas?

Couldnā€™t you post the blend on savefile also? If not, try megaupload.com

I use 4shared.com.

Gives you 1gig free space.

I like it because it will give a direct link to the fileā€™s download page, unlike some of the others that load 2-4 pages loaded with huge graphic ads.

ā€¦ you still have to wait xxx seconds (usually not more than about 10).

Mike

oh, thanksā€¦:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good news everybody, Iā€™ve managed to get my website back upā€¦ it was messed up after selling my domain name. So, I have added the .blend file link for you all to see and see how I did stuff so I donā€™t have to write 1000ā€™s pages just to explain what I did. :smiley:

Iā€™ll post the link here in case people are too lazy to scroll back up for some reasonā€¦

Link: http://www.dm07.net/theenlightenment.blend

Link doesnā€™t work. (404 file not found)

Mike

Oopsā€¦ itā€™s supposed to be http://www.dm07.net/blender/theenlightenment.blend

My apologizes. :slight_smile: