Short film: "La Vida de una Piñata"

“La Vida de una Piñata’’ is a graduation film that I made at the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts together with Elena Heller, Marina Kunz and Raphael Pfyffer.
We did all the 3D work in Blender. For the rest, we mostly used Open-Source Software.

Synopsis: A piñata experiences the same fateful day over and over again, on which it is bought by a girl and finds death at her garden party. Shocked, the piñata tries to break out of this eternal cycle.

Trailer:

Stills:

Concept Art

Project Breakdown:

Free Monstertruck rig

The Pinata-Team :slight_smile:

Kai Müri

Direction, Art Direction, Technical Direction, Modeling, Texturing, Animation 3D, Animation 2D, Graphics, Lighting, Compositing

ArtStation
Instagram

Elena Heller

Direction, Storyboard, Rigging, Animation 3D, Backgrounds

ArtStation
Instagram

Marina Kunz

Direction, Modeling, Texturing, Animation 3D

ArtStation
Instagram

Raphael Pfyffer

Direction, Modeling, Texturing, Film Editing

ArtStation
Instagram

82 Likes

This is brilliant! I love the style and editing. The character and vibe of this is very impressive and had me watching it several times to appreciate all the effort that went into it. Bravo!

4 Likes

Amazing! Likable story pick, vivid environment, nice jokes. I especially like the holistic animations and the cartoonish 2d elements. Just my feelings when watching the short.

Thanks, I’m glad you like it! :slight_smile:

May I suggest you consider submitting to the Gerona Film Festival Call to Blender communities for submission to the Gerona Film Festival in September 2022

Hello! This is a call to all Blender communities around the world! The Gerona Film Festival https://www.gironafilmfestival.com/ edition 2022 has opened a submission dedicated to Blender artists. We are asking the community managers to contact me if they are interested in relaying the opportunity to their members. The submission will be opened at the end of April and I will provide the final link if asked. We would like this to be a community driven action for promoting Blender and blender users. I can be contacted @ [email protected] or you can contact Lluis Valenti, director of the festival at [email protected]

3 Likes

Nice work !

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Awesome Thx Bart! :slight_smile:

Awesome! The style reminds me of Looney Toons.

1 Like

BTW, You can download the rig for free here: https://blendswap.com/blend/25213

2 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Well that’s completely awesome.

2 Likes

So much awesomeness in that short film !
Hat’s off to the team !

2 Likes

Amazing! Congrats! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Hi,

that was awesome. I would prefer an happy end, but it was fun. Enojyed every second. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Outstanding!!!
Also very consistent,
in each Part you can spot its Unique style,
never out of theme.
It doesn’t give you the time to think about what will happen next.
You just Enjoy it.
Ding dong to all of you :melting_face:

3 Likes

That was amazing. One of the best and funniest shorts I have seen. Congrats to the whole team.

3 Likes

Pretty cool, indeed :slight_smile:

1 Like

lovely animation and characters,hope to see other works from you.

1 Like

Absolutely amazing work. You people make such great work. Most of modern cartoons, have good visuals… music but story is often… better to say they have senseless ‘story’. In this case all pieces fit perfectly. Hope to see more from you in future. Heh, in some better world this can be entire series of cartons.

1 Like