Short-Movie Sisike und Makoto finished

Actually, I preferred that there was no speech for two reasons:

1.) It’s much less literal and requires a greater amount of creativity.
2.) Motion does not suffer from language barriers, and since Blender is used by people worldwide, no one is ever alienated. Well except for Makoto, who best I can tell, is an alien. :slight_smile:

Also, I wondered what the symbol on the lamp meant and looked it up: Apparently it’s ryou, meaning design, figured cloth, twill. Yeah, you know I have too much time on my hands when I look up the kanji… Also, Makoto means “truth,” and Sisike isn’t Japanese (There’s no ‘si’ syllable).

Anyway, I loved the whole thing. I thought it very well done, especially the rigging in Sisike’s face.

hey!
i am impressed! so i give makoto the right name (he could never lie to anybody!) :slight_smile: i know, i know, the symbols on the lamps…
in fact, my first idea about this movie was to make one that plays in an asia-shop :smiley:

greetings,

sebbo

p.s.: i did change my name, because busty means a lot of things…

Very, very nice story!!

That was simply amazing. Great job.

it came out very, very good. I really enjoyed it!!

that was great. well done

Great work, My only criticism is that the person moved to robotically and the robot/alien, moved to much like a human. I love the facial animation though, keep up the good work.

Dude, I thought it was very well done. I really liked the room’s layout. Sound effects were top notch. The only crit I can think of is when the Sis walks to the telescope. It could use some loving right there.

Excellent story, idea, and design!!

2d

GR8! Would like to see a better quality video too. 5 stars!

thank you all for your nice words!
of course id like to put sisike und makoto in better video quality into the net, but i dont know how… (the good mpg2 is about 130MB)
yeah, thats true, sisike move like a robot and makoto more like a human.
thats funny :smiley:

Lol thats pretty funny

mpeg2 is a limited format anyway, plenty of better ones that will give you very decent quality.
Oh and the movie was nicely done.

Really cool work! The facial animation of Sisike(? The girl?) is very lifelike.

That was very very inspirational, thank you

Excellent piece of work. I look forward to seeing your next piece. it really is incredible too what Blender is capable of. five stars to both of you!

Great animation. I like how without talking you were able to give the robot some character and a bit of humanity. You could feel for him and wanted to jump in and help him find the puzzle piece.

Nice, good job.

5 stars? 5 stars? Like 5 stars in it could be a serious contender for the Siggraph film festival? 5 star in like you can graduate from animation mentor or Vancouver Film academy with? Like 5 star is could beat ED?
Clearly not. So is the rating relative? This animation was enjoyable, yes, but 5 star does HAS a meaning. Because it sounds like: most Blender animation are crap, and amongst those crappy animations, this one is the best: 5 stars.
There are truly 5 stars pieces in the gallery. Don’t initiate a devaluation process solely based on effort.
My 2 cents…

Wow! Awesome story and delivery! Yey! I don’t really want to comment much on the movement, walk cycles, coordination, etc. Just by looking at how you present the story is fantastic! 5 stars! :smiley:

That was absolutely amazing!!!