Short Rocket Journey - Animation

Hello everyone,

I thought it would be a good exercise to do a little rocket animation like the ones that everyone can find on the web. So not a new idea, but I want to do it my way. I worked on it since February and I think there still a view things that could be much better or maybe have done differently, but I dont´t want to spend much more time in this project so I pressed the button Render Animation.

I did all the steps including modeling by my self. I used only procedual textures for the rocket, planets and asteroids.

I rendered the animation with Cycles and used Blender 3.2 Alpha. I rendered two versions of the animation. So people can watch it 16:9 and for plattforms like Instagram and Youtube Shorts I rendered a 9:16 version. Cropping was no option for this animation.

Compositing was done with Blender too.

Thanks to CyclesX the rendering was really quick done and also denoising helped a lot. I used Eevee also, but only to preview my animation.

Animation as a 16:9 version:

Animation as a 9:16 version for youtube shorts:
Short Rocket Journey | 3D Animation #b3d - YouTube

Here you can find a little CG Breakdown:
Short Rocket Journey | CG Breakdown - YouTube

On my instagram site you can also watch some timelapse or progress videos:
Erik Seifert (@erikseifert_art) • Instagram-Fotos und -Videos

54 Likes

The lighting and shading is spectacular! Nice work!

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Really nice work! :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

It´s me again. I also added a little breakdown which I just released on Youtube. I just added it to the post and for all that don´t want to search for it: Short Rocket Journey | CG Breakdown - YouTube

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile: Have great weekend too!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

This caught my eye. I haven’t seen the animation yet, but good job!

1 Like

Simple and beautiful… Good job.

1 Like

Reminds me I like this kind of rocket. I made an animation

And a challenge entry:

1 Like

Nice work :+1:

1 Like

I got to see the animation. Nice little spin at the beginning and I like the music and the ending.
Interesting choice to deform the shape.

1 Like

Thank you so much.

awesome work!

1 Like

I like universe topic art, great done!

1 Like