I just had a panic as all of my scene disapeared except for the lights
- Everything was still in the outliner
- When I switched to UV Editing tab, I could see the objects
- If I created a new layer, everything was visible again
- I tried ‘/’ and Alt-h to no avail
- All the ‘eyes’ were shown so the parts weren’t hidden individually, although they were greyed out:
Everything in the object types was visible also:
In the viewports where things are visible (UV Editing, Shading and Sculpting) I can’t seem to select anything except lights which are the only things where the visibility eyes are not grey.
I was posting this as I didn’t know what I had done but then noticed that the light collection was the only one not hidden. I went through each collection and unhid them. As it was the collection was hidden, that was why the individual objects eye were greyed out and so they didn’t look hidden. I decided to still post though as I would like to know how I did this and is there a quick way to undo it rather than going through each collection again. I’m asuming it’s a ‘hide all but this’ type command - like pushing ‘/’ but for collections.
I thought it would still be good to post in case others find themselves in the same position!