Shortest path selection problem? Blender 2.8

Hey,

I don’t know if it is only me, but right now I can’t use the “ctrl+Left click” (Shortest path selection) shortcut to select edge vertices or faces .

I downloaded the latest build and it still occur.

Anyone have had this issue?

Frank

I had the same issue, it is actually overidden by “Select” in “3D View” category of the keymaps for now I disabled it but I think the selection/deselection keymaps are messed up.

If you have installed box cutter you have to watch the installation video there is a setting to fix.

Everything works fine for me now

1 Like

Do you have a shorter explanation? Watching a 33 minute (wandering, chatty, discursive) video doesn’t appeal. – 22 minutes in and it doesn’t seem to have been mentioned.

Also, in PREFS/KEYMAP, Shortest Path does seem to be mapped to CTRL+LCLK, but it simply doesn’t function. How does Keymap display collisions of this nature?

Search tag SHORTEST PATH:

Ugh, I really dislike that guy’s presentation style. The lounge music doesn’t help. He segues into the next topic w/o any break. Bleagh.

Cued up: https://youtu.be/8qtEPLT2YnY?t=145
Pertinent at 2:25

To resolve the Shortest Path issue w/Box Cutter:
basically, open up the Box Cutter addon prefs, go to its KEYMAP tab, and disable the “Disable CTRL & SHIFT lmb (Edit mode)” option – to be clear, UNCHECK the box.

And this is worth knowing: this didn’t work here until I saved prefs, quit Blender, and relaunched. So, don’t expect it to work immediately.