It’s time for me to devote some time into learning a game engine. The question is which one?
Here’s my (very personal) pros and cons list
- Good for more kinds of games : 2d, phone, browser… particularly good for me as I’m not much of a gamer.
- I have worked with a company that used unity last year.
- I would have to use C# and I’m not much of a coder (though I have done a fair bit of Acorn BASIC and Actionscript)
- I’m seeing it a lot more in job adverts.
- Has nodes on materials
- Can do more without code
- Looks easier to learn.
- Less good for 2d, mobile, Browser, etc.
Both look about the same for AR.
Help me, guys! What’s everyone’s experience of the two engines?