Should the forums go back to NaN ?

They’re obviously fed up with them.

I’ve liked the Elysium site for some time already and NaN’s projects for the forums were at best a half baked idea. They should concentrate on making Blender the best it can be and let the community take care of itself. Anyway, Thimothy (and al. ?) already invested a good deal of work here and it would be a shame if we deserted them.

I don’t understand what you mean - Blender.nl is effectively dead and even if they come back I doubt they’d have the same type of ‘community’ setup.

You should have seen Community 3.0 in action, Bart showed me a few previews of the website, and he already had part of the new forums implemented, it was really cool.

Too bad it didn’t make it

“I don’t understand what you mean”

Well… having to manage the forums is work they don’t want anyway and here we have a good place. Good thing that NaN rids itself from that chore since they’re likely to be a somewhat smaller team. Clearer?

" - Blender.nl is effectively dead"

A very hastily burial. From the moment of the announcement it was always clear that Blender had a future. BTW the site is partly up again. No community though.

" and even if they come back I doubt they’d have the same type of ‘community’ setup."

We already know that : NaN’s intention was to change the forums as annouced a couple of months ago.

Kip said :

"You should have seen Community 3.0 in action, Bart showed me a few previews of the website, and he already had part of the new forums implemented, it was really cool.

Too bad it didn’t make it"

Maybe it is better in reality than it sounded in theory, as formulated in their announcement. I personnally despised the Karma concept. Would the idea be implementable somewhere else if NaN decided not to go ahead with it ?