Show xray button seems to be broken

Hi all,
I’ve been away from Blender for a few months, and so I can’t tell if I’m doing something wrong or if it’s bugging out on me.

I think the show xray button is meant to make your scene kinda transparent so that you can see-through your meshes, but mine just looks the same.!

image|690x338

Did I break it somewhere?

1 Like

So the classic “reset factory settings” seemed to solve this, but ideally I’d like to know if anyone knows what happened.

The xray button was actually kinda greyed out, so I’ve obviously disabled it somewhere. Any ideas?

well it will not work in eevee renders for me too so I say it’s a solid mode only option.

Hello :slight_smile:

Well, as we can see on your screenshot, you were in LookDev mode :

X-Ray is not available for this mode, as Blender Console says when you click the X-Ray button :
Info: X-Ray not available in current mode

Indeed, that’s pretty logical : Rendered Mode is a mode where Blender uses the actual real shaders of the scene (so, it would not add any fake transparency) . Look Dev is pretty much the same, but it disables all lights and uses a Custom HDRI Scene lighting (Usefull to have a quick look on your shaders even if you did not add any lights yet)

So, yes, to conclude, it’s a “Solid Mode only” option :stuck_out_tongue:

See you :slight_smile: ++
Tricotou

1 Like