Shower Gel / slime simulation with bubbles

Hello
I am wondering if it possible to create a photorealistic video simulation in Blender of a transparent shower gel / slime as per the reference below …

I have played with the new viscosity settiing in 2.92, which is encouraging, but I cannot see how to add the air bubbles into the sim.

Most of what I have found on the web for air bubbles in liquids involves particles with attached spheres and inverted normals. I need these bubbles to evolve in the gel as per the reference.

Any ideas on how to do this would be most welcome.

1 Like

With the flip fluids addon for blender, its possible to do this, setting a low viscosity amount and then on the collision setting set the whitewater influence to 10 or more and then you can set that only the bubbles are displayed in the advanced panel in the domain and also setting the bubbles drag coefficient to 1 so it follows the surface.

also making sure the bubble Buoyancy coefficient is set to 0 unless you want the bubbles to rise to the surface.

If you are putting bubbles inside a liquid or gel like this - make sure you get the materials/normals on the bubbles right too.

Thank you so much.
I have never used flip fluids.
I presume that you are refer to the flip fluids addon.

I’ve always wanted an excuse to try this addon. I am not a really advanced Blender user so is it appropiate for a medium level user?

yes the addon, its really easy to use and lots of tutorials online as well, really worth the price.

Below are the comments and the example file that Ryan Guy shared with me concerning this gel project.
tracer_particle_workaround(1).blend (3.1 MB)

Note that the following workaround may only be suitable for Fluid objects and not continuous Inflow emission, so this setup may not be suitable for your scene.

We don’t have a specific feature to to simulate tracer particles, but I have a workaround that could work for your scene. Animation example: https://gfycat.com/adventurousaromaticgoshawk

I have attached a .blend file of the setup.

Here are some notes on the setup:

• The min/max energy speed and min/max turbulence values are set to [0.00, 0.01]. This creates a very low energy threshold that generates bubble particles evenly throughout the fluid in the first few frames of movement.
  • The Emitter Generation Rate is keyframed down to 0 to stop whitewater particle generation.
  • To fill the shape with bubbles more closely to the edges of the fluid, increase the Foam Offset value, which will raise the level of the Bubble-Foam layer that differentiates between bubbles and foam.
  • This will likely generate more particles than you would want, so to decrease particles you can lower the Wavecrest/Turbulence emission rates. The amount of particles to render can also be controlled in the FLIP Fluid Display Settings panel (The example is set to 1%).

Hope this info helps!

1 Like