showing frame rate in animation render?

(Djarielm) #1

Hi There,

Hope some one can help me. I’ve searched for this on the forum, but not getting the right results. Can someone please enlighten me on how to render an animation showing the frame rate. I’ve read somewhere a while back that one would use the game engine to do this, but I can’t find the thread. Where can I find more info on this? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
D.

0 Likes

(zdk1) #2

well, for a rendered animation, the framerate is constant, whatever you set it to. So it would essentially be a static “30” or “24” in the corner which you could do easily with text but seems a bit pointless.

If you mean framerate for realtime applications/games, I don’t know off the top of my head but its fairly simple. Game engine forums will give you a faster answer on game engine related questions.

0 Likes

(Djarielm) #3

Thank you for the reply.

what I’m trying to do, is view my rendered animation showing the current frame during playback to easily reference any problems. Its also very usefull to get crits on WIP animations if someone can say at what frame something seems off. Does any of this make sense? Where should I post to get an answer. Not even sure its game engine related, or is it?

0 Likes

(zdk1) #4

ahh, okay, you mean frame number.
If you want it directly in the render, a simple python script could do it.
Also, one nice thing is to render to frames (for many, many reasons). frame number will be auto-appended to all image filenames.

0 Likes

(Djarielm) #5

Thanks ZDK1, I thought that blender would have a built in frame counter, and I’m kind off dissapointed that it doesn’t. Anyways, thanks for the reply.

0 Likes

(CD38) #6

Hello,
When you’re playing back an animation in the render window, if you left-click and drag left-right in the window, you can scrub the animation forward and back. The frame number is displayed both on the frame and in the window bar. It’s not the same as having the frame # printed right on the frame, but it’s the best we have right now.

0 Likes

(kernond) #7

Okay, here’s a link to a solution. It’s not the script I was looking for, though. “Uselessdreamer” had a script that was called “More Render Options” but, his site is no longer available. I remember reading that someone was hosting his scripts (which are all great, btw) but, I can’t remember where. I might have it archived on my system. If I find it, I’ll host it myself and post a link in this thread.

0 Likes