Shroom Goddess, After a Nose Job and Face Lift. June 22nd.

http://ignisfatuus.3dup.net/stretchFACE.jpg

http://ignisfatuus.3dup.net/stretxh2%20copy.jpg

http://ignisfatuus.3dup.net/stretxh2face.jpg

i wanted to wait till i had rendered
more images and then dispay them as a sequence…
but posting work is so adictive that i just could’nt

:slight_smile:

man… your best work yet!!

you are using handpainted textures I presume?? do you apply one big picture, and the finnish the paint in blender… or ??

I reallyreally really love the closeup!

.b

:o

That is all.

BgDM

http://www.selleri.org/Blender/img/astonished.gif

Stefano

'nuff said…

here’s a couple production shots.

rendered in blender?

the shot was rendered in blender @ 1800x2700 pixels.
the animation will be in blender too.

you are using handpainted textures I presume?? do you apply one big picture, and the finnish the paint in blender… or ??

the base texture is 1024x1024, hand-painted in photoshop and then UV Mapped in Blender. The skin is composed of 4 textures layered in Blender’s Material Editor. the “vein” look comes from the voronoi texture plugin.

Thanks for the feedback! I’m rerendering the image right now at a different angle and with a slightly different pose, i’ll flop it up here as soon as i can.

:o :o :o
Great!!! This is indeed your best work yet! :smiley:

i changed out body shot with a newer version.
it seems that, right after i post, i always realize i need to change something.

holy shit! that texture map is too crazy dickie! :o :o :o
thats the coolest thing ive ever seen…
is there any kind of method to that madness (translation: “do have any techniques/methods u use while painting things like that?”)…i mean, i wouldnt know where to start, the colors, the swirls, the texture, all so chaotic to form such beautiful art!..and then, like the punk u are, u have to apply it to 3d art and make it look absolutely breathtaking :wink:

simply stunning!!!
great work man…

chuck

I don’t really have any problems with texturing itself, I tend to use lots of layers myself, can’t get ‘dirty’ enough for me (ever saw my ‘cage’?). Your works are sooo inspiring, but alas I don’t have the time to do anything about it, very very frustrating, so please stop showing more… :wink:
Anyway, since my modelling skills are almost non-existent, I never tried to uv-map any kind of organic or curvy model. How do you handle that? What do you use to unwrap the mesh? An external app or do you also use Blender for that? Would be nice if you could share some of your work methods maybe in the form of a tutorial or something like that. I’m sure lots of people would appreciate it…

Very nice! Your art has a very Brian Found feel to it. I would be interested too on how you unwrapped the mesh. I once saw a script to do this, did you use that? Also what app did you use to make the textures?

PS: I think I saw her once upon a time in a cow pasture. :wink:

I think I saw her once upon a time in a cow pasture

ha! is that insinuating that she’s a cow? hehe. i was going for
the HOT SEXY VEGGIE LOOK, guess i bombed.
that’s a rockin nickname, BTW.

i’ve always liked brian found’s work! thanks for the comparison.

I would be interested too on how you unwrapped the mesh. I once saw a script to do this, did you use that?

no, this time around i just used blender to unwrap her.
i’ll walk you through it when i get home from work.

Also what app did you use to make the textures?

Photoshop 6

ever saw my ‘cage’

eeshlo, no i never did, post a link! i’d love to see it!

please stop showing more…

uh…ok. i’ll stop. sorry dude.

holy shit! that texture map is too crazy dickie!
thats the coolest thing ive ever seen…

ha, thanks chris!

your comments are amazing.
thanks for the inspiration guys!

That is inspiring. Did you have a model pose for you?

I personally am still working on perfecting the perfect UVSphere, well maybe some day when I figure Blender out I’ll try something more serious. :wink:

http://ignisfatuus.3dup.net/tut.html

here’s a mini tut on how the texturing was achieved.
i hate typing. :slight_smile: so if there’s anything i left out it is probally because
my fingers were complaining.

let me know if i can help in anyway or if i wrote something that needs more
clarifying.

thanks again for taking the time to look and share your thoughts.

WARNING!!! MAY TAKE A LONG TIME TO LOAD!!!

Did you have a model pose for you?

unfortunately my wife would’nt let elle come over so
i had to use a photo as refrence instead.

hmmmm,those textures are smokin!i absolutely love how your texturing looks,the modelling is excellent as well,cant wait to see the animation,
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

hand done in photoshop,nice,do use a tablet?

rixtr

That tutorial was certainly helpful, first time I was able to uvmap a face, thanks! What did you mean with ‘the bumpmaps were applied smartly’? Did you create a bumpmap from the original texture, or is it completely different?

Of course I was kidding when I said ‘please stop showing more’, you can never show enough… I suppose you wouldn’t have created a nice desktop wallpaper or something like that? :smiley:

you can find the cage here
Never really finished of course like everything, no time, I have more but I never get around to updating my site, I really want to do a whole makeover, it’s quite outdated…

hand done in photoshop,nice,do use a tablet?

thanks and yeah, i do use a tablet.
a cheap little pablo, hehe.

What did you mean with ‘the bumpmaps were applied smartly’?

i mean i suck at typing!
it’s supposed to say:similarly.
lol.

eeshlo, your cage is quite expressive, very withered and touchable.
your work tells a story. all of it.
i love the camera angle and emotion you packed into “nowhere”.
“deserted” is beautiful.

Did you create a bumpmap from the original texture, or is it completely different?

the bumpmaps were taken from the same base textures and then tweekes in PS.
here’s one of the layers for the husk bump.

your work tells a story. all of it.

Yes, I suppose there is sort of a not too subtle theme… Thanks for your comments dickie, very much appreciated!

Thanks for all your tips too, quite insightfull. I very much look forward to the animation!