side, front, top but what about back, bottom, other side?

Is there a way to produce cameras other than the given side, front, top views? I know I can produce other cameras but they don’t appear in the list so I can’t find how I look through them. I would also like to be able to see the grid in them like the other ortho views. That’s one thing I didn’t like about Maya is that when I made other views the grid wasn’t visible in them.

if i remember well, you just have to CRTL + 1 or 3 or 7.

No, that doesn’t work. I think that just changes which layer you are on.

It’s [shift] numpad 1, 3, 7 not Ctrl

GreyBeard

or you can use shift on the window settings, hold shift and release the mouse.

Ctrl for me.

Ya, it’s Ctrl.

Martin

That’s odd, shift + number makes those layers visible so shift 1,3,7 makes all of these visible. But ctrl 1,3,7 individually makes layer 1,3,7 visible but turning the other off. None of those changed my camera. Isn’t there a menu I can access to look through a given custom made camera. How do you even render from a custom camera or just perspective view? Every time I hit render it always just renders the standard camera.

Your renders ALWAYS come from the camera. Create multiple cameras and use ctrl+Numpad 0 for assigning the active camera.

Use ctrl + NUMPAD 1, 2, or 3 for views, or as someone said, you can hold it and select the view in the view menu to achieve the same effect.

Turn NUMLOC on! Now use NUMPAD 1,3,7, ctrl-1, ctrl-3, ctrl-7.

%<

For me it is AltGr :stuck_out_tongue:

Stefano

ctrl 1 3 and 7 worked here, thanks for pointing that out it’ll come in handy!

Walker

Sorry, I was pressing the number keys - not the numpad ones. I’ll give the numpad a go. As I said before, though, are there menu equivalents for these keys or are some Blender features only accessible via hotkeys?

There should be, shouldn’t there. :slight_smile: I was prompted to add these to the menus not so long ago - looks like I’d better get around to it…