Sidescroller Template 2.49

Hey all,

i created a sidescroller template wich you may use however you want :slight_smile:

it includes :

• fade_in blackscreen
  • sidescroller movement (state 1)
  • double jump
  • wallslide
  • walljump (state 2)
  • simple enemy
  • coin collection system
  • big prize condition (state 3)

Uses only logic bricks and is made in 2.49

I want to add more things to it like hanging to a rail and moving platforms
but i ran in some problems. I can let the player hang to a rail, but then he wont move. I can make moving platforms but the playerbox wont stick to it and falls off the platform… If someone knows how to do this with only logic bricks then let me know plz :slight_smile:

cheers,

Bart

Attachments

sidescroller_3D.blend (660 KB)

You could possible get more hits if the same was done for the 2.6x version of blender. nevertheless thanks for sharing.

If it is pure logic bricks shouldn’t it run in 2.5?
If so, you can save a 2.5 version and load this into 2.6. Maybe it is running there as well.

If it is pure logic bricks shouldn’t it run in 2.5?
If so, you can save a 2.5 version and load this into 2.6. Maybe it is running there as well.

Just tried, it runs in 2.59 too.
Save it with 2.5 and reload with 2.6 and it runs in 2.6 too.

quite nice.
Thanks

i was looking for a sidescroller template myself but couldn’t find any so i finally made one
using logic bricks only so it’s kind of “simple” for anyone to use.
Still looking though for a way to make the “playerbox” stick to a moving platform (while still able to move)
also only logic bricks.
Dunno if it’s possible but i’ll keep trying myself to find a way… unless someone else allready knows and wants to share :slight_smile:

and yes it should run in 2.5x since it’s only logic bricks but i made it in 2.49 so wasn’t sure.

Enjoy :slight_smile: