Siggraph examples of advanced motion blur

Sadly, I saw this AFTER taking the Developer’s survey XD

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/cgi/cool-advances-in-cg-motion-blur.html

incredible
we need this NOW to make professional things
without this, Blender is a poor, unusable software

IMHO what we really need before the stuff snown in the video is basic stochastic 3d motion blur and depth of field. The cartoon-like fancy motionblur trails in this video represents a small minority of usage cases, whereas 3d motion blur and dof is used in every production, (a few exceptions done in post/comp where possible though).

But still cool stuff :slight_smile:

BREAKING NEWS!
Today Symantec Corporation updated their virus and malware database to include what was previously believed to be a real Blender user “Endi” to the status of spambot after running checksums against all “his” previous posts and realising that they were all a single identicle post repeated over and over in as many places as possible.

Symantec advised all Blender / Blender forum users to update their malware database immediately and scan for “Spambot.whining_Endi_w3206”. If found, quarantine or automatic removal is recommended.

Unfortunately even Linux’s renowned high security is affected, however as Symantec releases no products on Linux machines, scanning is problematic said Symantecs VP of malware detection, adding “May the Lord have mercy on those poor Linux users souls…”

Quite amusing your post.

But those folks at sigraft are quite smart I think.

I don’t like it at all, quite ugly effect, I preffer the common motion blur, it’s much more realistic, maybe that motion blur works in some cases, but in the common works not.

Ok, i found the ignore list option in my user profile and added Endi to it. I can’t stand his “funny” comments anymore.

MfG
sk2k

thanks for the tip sk2k

It’s not meant to be realistic, it’s meant to look like what they used to do in old cartoons. I think they were quite successful in achieving that look.

@sk2k

You are life-saver. All these years and I never thought to look in the control panel for that ignore list. I added “endi” to it, came back to this thread, refreshed my browser… and he was gone! It was like a breath of fresh air. Thanks again.

Harley