I have started working on a movie trailer project with some people.The project is a movie trailer for an original storyline for Silent Hill. The trailer requires a huge ammount of complex animation to be composited.
I am working with the director (also the writer, actor and person in charge of costumes & sets) and another animator.
I am in charge of the following:
- Siam (monster from the silent hill video games)
- Cliff Drop Off (if you’ve seen the Silent Hill movie, you probably know what this is)
- Texturing and animating the destruction of a Honda Accord Wagon (Model being done by the other animator)
- Zombie Dog)
- Fog (all exterior shots in Silent Hill will require a lot of digital fog. I’m going to play with Maya fluid effects when I am scheduled to start work on the fog)
- Compositing & Matchmoving
We just started working 3 weeks ago in our spare time. Thus far I have Siam nearly finished. I have attached concept art for the version of Siam from the video games. The director wanted to go in a little bit of a different direction with him. He wanted the arms to be coming from his forhead, but not have a woman on his back. I am having trouble deciding what to do about his boots though. Any comments, critiques or suggestions are more than welcome!