Simple Armature in BGE

Hi ALl,

I’m having trouble figuring out how to make use of a simple armature in the BGE.

I actually am using the results of a Spline IK tutorial :

http://users.xplornet.com/~gimble/blender/tutorials/spline_ik/spline_ik.htm

It uses a curve to control a Spline IK armature, and another armature to control the curve shape. It works perfectly until I turn on the BGE.

First thing that happens, is that my lovely script for moving a UVMap in realtime along the surface of the mesh object stops. i.e. Before I parent the mesh to the Spline IK armature, the texture moves along the mesh in realtime, creating a nice animated effect. (It’s a tunnel, and the texture gives the effect of going thru the tunnel - works fine)

When I parent the mesh to the armature. the script stops working.

I also don’t understand how to control the armature within the game engine. Do I setup a pose library, create animated actions using the pose library, and then trigger the actions using logic bricks? Seems very limited. I’d like to be able to use mousekeys to adjust the armature, or somethin’ lol e.g. in this case, the mesh is a cylinder which I am using as the tunnel. The armature deforms the tunnel in realtime , and the texture creates the illusion of going thru the tunnel. It all works until I start the BGE. Then the texture stops moving, and I don’t know how to work the armature.

(Did that make sense?)

ANy Ideas, especially on how to restore the UV texture motion - took me a bit to get that working, and now once I have an armature for the “shape” of the tunnel, the animation is gone.

Thanks!

Valentin

The UV-Scroll sript don’t work on objects with armature (vertex groups + armature modifier).

Do I setup a pose library, create animated actions using the pose library, and then trigger the actions using logic bricks?

Yes the is the common way.

Seems very limited.

Yes the BGE is very limited. Many thing don’t work in the BGE.

I’d like to be able to use mousekeys to adjust the armature

You can do this in the BGE, but you need to write a Python script.