Simple but bizarre modified OBJ exporter for Stonehearth

Stonehearth renderers do not transfer color nor texCoords data to the shader when OBJ file is loaded and it is the only accepted mesh format except Qubicle Binary (this is a voxel game so face colours look fine, no need to use image textures). As a result an OBJ mesh imported into the game has to be all set to one color. I figured out there is a workaround to this problem but it requires a hacky preparation of the OBJ file so vertex color is coded in vertPos.

This requires me to code the following:

1. All vertices of a face must have the same color data. Vertices belonging to faces of different colors must be duplicated. This basically means a split by face color script, while I’d love to have an option to conveniently paint the colors in Blender after importing a mesh I can bake the colors from a texture as well so all I need for now is a split script.
  2. Vertex coordinates must be rounded to 3 decimal places, the next 3 X/Y/Z digits code R/G/B value (000-255) so vertex color is converted to RGB, divided by 10^6 and added to vertex coordinates. This can then be easily managed by modded GLSL shader.

As I’ve never scripted a single line in Blender help would be most appreciated.