Simple forest scene

simple forest scene to test some plants, textures and shaders in blender. bark and ground texture by rd-textures, grass by graswald (fbx version), fir tree by 3d shaker.

14 Likes

Wow, you had me fooled. Those pine trees look like pine trees and the bark is amazing. Also, how does the grass look so nice? I’ve been trying to do a forest project like this and my plants looks terrible. Any chance of a tutorial? :+1:

i am a blender newbie myself. i used this project to learn how to use the shader editor with a lot of trial and error. the bark was relatively easy. i simply used the fantastic textures from rd-textures in combination with microdisplacement. the grass took a little longer. i used the fbx version of graswald, without the polished materials as in the add on, so i had to create the materials for the plants myself, experiment a lot with the nodes, backlight, etc.

1 Like

This is really good! I would definitely think this is a real photo

1 Like

We do not have the same definition of a

https://www.artstation.com/uwe_johannsen :heart:

A Blender newbie doesn’t mean a 3d newbie.

Translation existing skills to a new 3d platform takes less trial and error… :wink:

1 Like

that’s right. i’ve worked with vue from e-on software for years. but that’s completely different from blender. for me, blender is like a new language. at the beginning i understood no word. :slight_smile:

There’s a lot of people like you on the forum, and the 2.8 release really turned people’s heads.
I myself use Blender now for a lot of new projects, but have been using other software for years.
So the ‘struggle is real’ in the beginning :smiley:

I’m still not happy with some of the design choices they made over the years, as some of them are so 180 dgr. from ‘regular convention’ in 3d land. But Blender is changing rapidly, and becoming more and more a complete replacement for my needs. And with the ‘all nodes’ project being added soon, we have node based setup for our scene setups available as well.

Enjoy blender, and keep showing your work here. :+1:

1 Like