Is it possible to make a SIMPLE game engine rig with rigify, and if it is, then how can this be done? Especially if the rig is intended to be used for low poly.
The issue with rigify and game engines is that rigify usually has two bones per limb, those bones stretch, and game engines tend not to like it, especially if animation is developed for retargeting.
(My) definition of simple rig:
- One deform bone per limb segment. Meaning one per upper arm, one per lower arm, and so on.
- Tweak bones optional and can be disabled or are disabled by default.
- Foot rig can be created without heel/toe bones.
- IK chains are created by default with IK targets and pole targets. Ideally pole targets should not alter rest pose in default position.
- FK chain can be disabled by default.
- 2 segment spine.
- No breast bones and other adjustments like that.
- Fingers optional
- Eyeballs optional
- Face disabled.
Excxpet with IK targets for hands and feet (HandIk, ElbowTarget, FootIK, KneeTarget)
Pretty basic as you can see.
Last time I tried to use rigify model for unity, I gave up on it, and currently I am creating all rigs by hand from scratch, which tends to be more time consuming then I’d like.
Can a simple rig like that be created with rigify?