Simple road

Can someone plz make me a road color map and bump map in a medium resolution setting using this UV layout? thanks

It would be much easier if you posted .blend of the road, it’s hard to texture without the model…

Road.blend (523 KB)
Srry about that. but here it is

I thought I’ll make 4096 version but it turned out that I’ve been editing 2048 version the whole time, so there…

Few notes:
-Be sure to give some nice geometry to the road, with the model you gave me I’ve been having a LOT of texture stretching
-I hope you know that this UV unwrap is super inefficient, I had to make HD texture only because of it, with good UV unwrap you’d get even better resolution with 1024 image…
So be sure to at least fill up the empty space with something… Make those pixels happy … :smiley:

See ya

Wow! better than I could have ever done
Ok I actually took away the polygons in the mesh I gave you because the UV looks a little cleaner without them
Well then, how would you have done the unwrap? I can’t find any other way to unwrap it because it’s just a plane

This is pretty bad example because I made that triangular piece much bigger than everything else… But I hope you get the point…
Before, I gave you 2048x2048 image, and only like 30% of all the pixels were used…
Maybe I’m old school but I believe that we shouldn’t waste anything anywhere, including polygons and pixels… when making textures try to use as much from the image as you can, try to repeat the texture as much as you can, when making models try to keep your poly count low, recently I ran into a problem, I’ve been working on a forest, and suddenly my PC had to display 300 trees and render 1500 of them, each one having 5000 poly, you can do the maths, but I’m just trying to say that even when you’re not making a game, you should always think of optimization…

Again I do it because my PC is really shit :slight_smile:
But even if everything I said was irrelevant for you, it just doesn’t make sense to put 4096 texture on something that only needs 1024 one… You can save space and lower render times…

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that
I actually already do that, but with much smaller objects. I tend to just unwrap as-is for simple things like planes because it A) saves me work B)is visually appealing
But now I understand you point, I’ll try it next time I have a huge object I need to texture