simple slider?

Hello,

I think that this topic was already discused here but in more advanced way.

My idea is kinda simple, but I am not sure how to do it. Basically, I want to create plane, and put three cubes there that will work as sliders.

I tried to used drag and drop example I saw on the other thread here - I was able to move cubes. Yet I want to limit them somehow so user will only be able to drag them at X axis. I tried to use various constrains but no luck. Am I missing something?

Also, please let me know if you create simple slider - how did you do it?

Thanks!

I’m assuming you used some sort of mouse script to drag the cube? I’m not exactly sure without seeing the script, but it probably uses separate lines to move on the x and y axes. If that’s the case, you can just delete the lines in the script that apply to the y-axis. If it were me, I would use and ipo animation played by a property, where dragging the mouse changes the property value. That way, you can use the property value for whatever it is you want the slider to change (ie. color, sensitivity, volume, etc…).

Oooo simple…thanks for the concept. :slight_smile:

My guess is that you saw my color sliders tutorial. I agree, it is quite complicated.

I can make a really simple just slider example if you want.

-Sunjay03

As an alternative to Sunjay’s cool color slider you could check Richard Perkin’s GUI Sytem at GameBlender.org.

I can’t tell how easy that is to adapt. I just found that some days ago.