simple wine glass render

this is a render im working on out of boredom. im not good at still pictures in blender, even though I have been working with it for over a year. All i have really ever worked on is games. i need a seamless wood texture and im going to modle a table and a bottle for the wine. for some reason when i render two alpha objects 1 behind the other the back one is completely solid. can anyone help me with that. C&C are welcome

added some details to the picture and revised the lighting. i need a texture of a neighborhood to go on the plane outside the windows and i need textures for the walls. there is a texture on the table but it didnt show up in the render. i did uv map the texture but i set it up so it would appear on the render

I would suggest adding some raymirror to the image and increasing the hardness of the shine. Right now it looks like dull plastic.

dude. i dont normally use materials much. i spend almost all my time using blender working on games. low poly modles and uv mapping. ur going to have to explain it in a wway that i can actually understand. (as I said before i dont work with still images much.

Ill try to figure out what u just said anywayz.

Oh, my bad. Well, in the materials(F5 - just in case), in the Shaders tab, increase the Hard slider right under the spec slider. Then click the MirrorTransp tab, click the Ray Mirror button and turn the RayMir slider up to about .3 (just guessing). Then go to the Render Buttons(F10) and make sure Ray button is selected.

i did a little bit of texturing and i added a picture fomr google behind the windows and i followed your suggestion and it lookes much better. i need some textures still though. C&C still welcome

dude. i dont normally use materials much. i spend almost all my time using blender working on games. low poly modles and uv mapping. ur going to have to explain it in a wway that i can actually understand. (as I said before i dont work with still images much.

There’s no need to respond so harshly to his suggestion.

It looks all right. Honestly, I’m really sick of wine glass tests :stuck_out_tongue: , but anyway I think you should make the lighting on the glasses brighter, and change the background image because it is at a different angle than your model. Also, your camera appears to be slightly crooked.

The eye is drawn to the brightest and most contrasty thing in the image … which, currently, is the floor. Nice floor, but that’s not what you want me to look at.

Hey, sorry for not updating much but its christmas and i have had 3 parties so far so i havent got much work done. heres a quick little update. all i added was some plates and a little bit of food. the texture i added to the food would make it look better but for some reason it wouldnt render it… anyways i fixed the camera (hopefully) and i fixed the lighting a bit. C&C are always welcome.